Place of work: The Rock, Scalegate Road, Carlisle, CA2 4JY and Petteril Bank Community Hall. Meade Road
Post Title: Youth Worker
Salary: £11 per hour
Contract: 7-10 hours per week subject to funding
Days of Work: 2–3 evenings per week Plus flexible working time in school holidays.
Responsible for: This post is not directly responsible for any staff. However,
there may be times when you will be required to provide support to volunteers.
Report to: Project Manager
Purpose of the job:
To support the delivery of the youth program in Carlisle South that enriches and educates those who take part. To ensure that The Rock is a fun and safe place to be.
To undertake the direct delivery of quality youth work, to build appropriate relationships with young people to enable them to meet their potential.
· Delivering quality youth work to all age young people
· Managing behavior according to our behavior policy.
· Work with vulnerable young people
· Monitoring and evaluations of sessions
· Ensuring health and safety requirements are met
· Delivering school holiday provision including trips as required
· Working in partnership with other agencies
· Administration tasks associated with sessions
· Signpost and refer young people to services to increase their support network which will improve their overall outcomes
· Work within The Rock’s policies and procedures to ensure safe outcomes for all our young people.
· To actively contribute to team meetings, share skills and knowledge, and support colleagues across the organization.
5 GCSE’s level C and above
Certificates linked to youthwork or other relevant profession.
Ability to develop positive and effective relationships with young people to support their personal and social development
Effective record keeping
Planning and evaluating skills
Ability to encourage and promote group participation
Factors effecting young people
Monitoring and evaluating youth work
Health and safety
interest and passion for working with children and young people.
Evidence of professional development
Experience of working with disadvantaged and hard to reach groups.
Effective communication skills
Ability to work independently
Must be inclusive
Willing to undertake training
Must be able to work evenings and weekends and school holidays as required
Effective time management
Full clean driving license
To apply, please get in touch for an application pack. Contact details can be found on our website www.therockyouthproject.co.uk
closing date 30.06.2023
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 7-10 per week
Salary: £11.00 per hour
Contact Project Manager Hannah for a job pack. Hannah@therockyouthproject.co.uk